The enterprise was started in Cape Town on 1 November 1983 and has the professional expertise and experience on hand to be of service to you in the following spheres:
- Initial budget at feasibility stage prior to detailed design
- Preliminary cost studies, comparing alternative materials and design in terms of capital operating, maintenance and depreciating costs
- Monitoring and evaluating designs as they evolve, to ensure compatibility with the client’s budget
- Advising on contractual arrangements and preparing tender documents for pricing by contractors (these documents may or may not include bills of quantities, according to the circumstances)
- Investigating, checking and reporting on the suitability of tenders submitted, amending as necessary and negotiating tender sums
- Cash flow predictions and cost reports
- Valuation of work progress
- Evaluating final costs
- Settlement of the final building cost with the contractor and sub-contractor
- Advice on maintenance programmes for buildings and installations together with cost predictions
B. Sc. Quantity Surveying - University of Port Elizabeth
Dirkie van der Merwe
B. Sc Quantity Surveying - University of Port Elizabeth
Francous Senekal - deceased (17 July 1952 - 5 September 2015)
(Founding member of Senekal Allen & Partners) B. Build and B. Sc. Quantity Surveying - University of Port Elizabeth
We endeavor to provide a professional service on a personal level to our clients. Each member has a hands on approach to projects and will be involved from project inception to final completion. As a result we pride ourselves with long term client relationships which is based on trust and mutual respect.
To maintain an irreproachable level of client satisfaction. This is attained on account of our professional team acting within a set framework which is aimed to ensure maximum cost efficiency commencing from the instruction by the client right up to the successful completion of the project.
- To maintain an irreproachable level of client satisfaction. This is attained on account of our professional team acting within a set framework which is aimed to ensure maximum cost efficiency commencing from the instruction by the client right up to the successful completion of the project.
- To honour all ethical codes prescribed by our profession as well as general business practice.
- Personal involvement and service. In this respect the Quantity Surveyor deems himself to be part of the client’s property section as well as part of the total professional team so as to generate enthusiasm and pro-active action.
- To ensure that no party is enriched at the expense of another.
- To strive for maximum return on investment for the client.
- To maintain the highest standard of confidence.
- To see the quantity surveying input in the perspective of the complete development and to provide for either positive or negative influence which may arise due to the involvement of various parties.
- To strive for a complete understanding of the client’s needs and to follow an original approach which is at all times aimed at effective service.